Earlier this week the CDC gave Pfizer’s COVID vaccine the final approval for children ages 5-11. We are working with Chesprocott Health District to help vaccinate our patients 5-11 at Doolittle Elementary School in Cheshire. An appointment can be made online at the link below.
Please note that there is limited availability through these clinics. If you are unable to get an appointment at these clinics, Yale and Hartford Healthcare are also running clinics. Please visit their websites below for more information and to book an appointment.
Unfortunately, we are not able to vaccinate your child at our office at this time, so we strongly encourage you to book an appointment at one of these clinics.
Cheshire KIDS Clinic
Doolittle Elementary School
735 Cornwall Ave
Cheshire, CT (Upper playground- gym entrance)
Sunday 11/14 (second dose Sunday 12/5)
Saturday 11/20 (second dose 12/11)
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR CHILD’S VACCINATION SERVICE
(Enter your child’s name to book their appointment online)
If you need to cancel or reschedule your child’s appointment- please manage your appointment directly through the confirmation email you received. This is important to maintain inventory and allow others the availability to book an appointment.
The parent or legal guardian for the child needs to be present and accompany the child to the appointment. Please wear a mask, bring parent/guardian identification and child’s insurance.
Please note this clinic is specifically for ages 5 to 11 years of age only. Packaging and dosage for this age group is different than the 12 years and older population.
What to expect and suggestions:
- We are attempting to make this process as comfortable as possible for you and your child.
- In efforts to minimize stimulation and outside distraction, the actual vaccination will take place in an area with privacy.
- After your child receives their vaccination, they will need to be observed for 15 to 30 minutes based on the child’s medical history.
- If your child has allergies and an Epi-Pen, please bring it to the vaccination.
- You know your child best. If there is a personal item that will bring them comfort or occupy their attention, please consider bringing it that day.
- Please have the child wear a short-sleeved shirt and comfortable clothing.
- Please have your child eat and drink prior to attending the clinic.